We are pleased to invite you to attend the 24th International RAIS Conference on Social Sciences and Humanities organized by the Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies (RAIS) which will be held on October 17-18, 2021.
This event will be held IN-PERSON in Washington DC as well as online in a hybrid format.
- On October 17, the conference will be held online on the Zoom platform.
- On October 18, the conference will be held IN-PERSON in Washington DC. No previous RAIS offer applies to the in-person conference registration fee.
The Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies (RAIS) creates an ample research platform for academics and researchers from all around the world and offers them the opportunity to create lasting relations for future collaborations. RAIS encourages academics and researchers to share their experiences and to contribute to the developing of diverse subjects, offering them the perspective of an interdisciplinary approach.
The accepted papers will be published in the RAIS Conference Proceedings with ISSN 2578-8574 and will be indexed in Google Scholar, CNKI, SSRN, IDEAS/RePEc, Econpapers, CEEOL, etc. Authors also have the option to present their research at the conference without publishing their paper (Publishing is optional).
- Abstract submission deadline: September 21, 2021
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: 1 week after submission
- Full paper deadline: September 27, 2021
- Early Bird Registration deadline: August 25, 2021
- Registration deadlines: September 20, 2021
- Conference Days: October 17-18, 2021
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Economics, History of Economics
- Management and Business Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Law, Jurisprudence
- Psychology, Sociology, and Philosophy
- Science and Technology Studies
- Communication Studies
- Religious Studies
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Education, Social Anthropology, and Linguistics
- Social Policy, Social Work, and Social History
- Methods and Computing, Development Studies
- Geography and Environmental Planning
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
ORAL PRESENTATION (Attending in person)
Each presentation must be prepared in English and should be no longer than 15 minutes, afterward, we will have around five minutes for questions and answers. We recommend delivering a PowerPoint presentation of your research work on the conference day. You can save a copy of your presentation in your email and also bring your presentation on a USB stick.
POSTER PRESENTATION (Attending in person)
Poster sessions will provide an opportunity for researchers to display the results and conclusions of their papers in the form of a visual poster presentation. All posters will be displayed for the duration of the conference.
VIRTUAL PRESENTATION (Online Presenters)
The virtual presenters can prepare the content for the presentation in one of the following ways:
• Giving a virtual presentation live, via Zoom
• Recording a video of the presentation (mp4 or any other multimedia file)
• Creating a PowerPoint presentation with slides and a voice-over
PAPER ONLY (Not-attending authors)
If you have an additional paper or you are unable to virtually attend the conference but you want your paper to be published in one of our publications, you can choose the “Paper only” option when you submit your paper or register. Please see the PUBLICATION OPPORTUNITIES below.
RAIS PUBLICATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Early Bird Registration – $329 (Until August 25, 2021)
- Normal Registration fee – $389 (August 26 – October 01, 2021)
- Late Registration fee – $459 ( October 02, 2021 – October 14, 2021 )
- Virtual presentation registration – $249 (Until September 20, 2021)
- Student registration – $249 (Until September 20, 2021)
- Paper only (without attending) or Additional paper – $99 (Until September 20, 2021)
INVITATION LETTER AND VISA
The invitation letter can be sent to the author only after the Registration Fee has been paid. The invitation letter can be sent via email for free. If the author needs a printed invitation letter sent through mail then the author needs to pay the expenses required (e.g Postal and Notary expenses). We cannot assure you that the US Embassy will approve your visa request and we cannot contact or intervene with any Embassy or Consulate office abroad on your behalf so please begin your visa application process as soon as you are determined to attend. You can find more information here:
Registrations fees are non-refundable.
Taking into account the exceptional situation caused by this time of uncertainty, and the planned expenses covered by RAIS, we cannot offer refunds to participants. Participants who cannot attend the Conference in person due to various reasons will instead have the opportunity to participate online or be postponed to participate in person in 2022.
Participants have the responsibility to verify whether they can receive a United States visa and if they can access United States territory to be present on the conference day.
RAIS assumes no responsibility for any COVID-induced delays, flight cancelations, or other restrictions due to any other cause.
Presenters can’t bring companions at the conference due to the limited number of persons allowed in a conference room.
LIABILITY: RAIS can’t accept any responsibility or liability for losses or damages of any type, to conference participants, either during, or as a direct or indirect result, of the conference. All conference participants are advised to have insurance during their stay in the United States. By paying the registration fee, the participant acknowledges that she/he has no right to lodge claims against the conference organizers should the meeting be altered, hindered, or prevented by unexpected political or economic events, unpredictable forces of nature, pandemics, or other unforeseeable events.