Welcome to the 11th International RAIS Conference on Social Sciences organized by the Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies (RAIS) and held at Johns Hopkins University, in Montgomery County Campus, Rockville, MD, on November 19-20, 2018.
The Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies (RAIS) creates an ample research platform for academics and researchers from all around the world and offers them the opportunity to create lasting relations for future collaborations. RAIS encourages academics and researchers to share their experiences and to contribute to the developing of diverse subjects, offering them the perspective of an interdisciplinary approach.
All accepted papers will be published in the RAIS Conference Proceedings with ISSN 2578-8574 and will be indexed in Google Scholar, SSRN, IDEAS/RePEc, Econpapers, CEEOL, etc.
Johns Hopkins University, Montgomery County Campus, 9601 Medical Center Dr, Rockville, MD 20850
- Abstract submission deadline: September 30, 2018
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: 1 week after submission
- Full paper/poster deadline: October 20, 2018
- Registration deadlines for authors: November 5, 2018
- Conference Days: November 19-20, 2018
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Economics, Management and Business Studies, History of Economics
- Law, Jurisprudence
- Psychology, Sociology, and Philosophy
- Science and Technology Studies
- Communication Studies
- Religious Studies
- Politics and International Relations
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Education, Social Anthropology, and Linguistics
- Social Policy, Social Work, and Social History
- Methods and Computing, Development Studies
- Geography and Environmental Planning
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS
ORAL PRESENTATION (Attending in person)
Each presentation, made by one or more speakers, must be prepared in English and should be no longer than 15 minutes, afterward, we will have around five minutes for questions and answers. We recommend delivering a PowerPoint presentation of your research work on the conference day. You can save a copy of your presentation on your email and also bring your presentation on a USB stick.
POSTER PRESENTATION (Attending in person)
Poster sessions will provide an opportunity for researchers to display the results and conclusions of their papers in the form a visual poster presentation. All posters will be displayed for the duration of the conference.
VIRTUAL PRESENTATION (Not-attending authors)
RAIS allows the authors of accepted papers the same publication opportunities as regular presenters. If you are unable to attend the conference, RAIS offers you three virtual presentation options: Recorded Video Presentation, PowerPoint Presentation with voice-over, or Live Via Skype.
PAPER ONLY (Not-attending authors)
If you want your paper to be published in the RAIS Conference Proceedings, without attending the conference in person, you can choose the “Paper only” option when you submit your paper or register.
- Early Bird Registration fee – $309 (Until July 16, 2018)
- Normal Registration fee – $349 (July 17 – October 15, 2018)
- Late Registration fee – $409 (October 16 – November 5, 2018)
- Attending only (without paper) – $159 (Until November 5, 2018)
- Virtual presentation – $249 (Until November 5 2018)
- Student – $249 (Until November 5, 2018)
- Paper only (without attending) or Additional paper – $79 (Until November 5, 2018)